Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I have no A/C, but I do have new earrings!

Last weekend, my grandparents' air conditioning went kaput.  And now mine is acting up!  In the hottest month of the year.  Here in NC, we are on the 60-something day of over 90 degree highs.  I know my A/C has worked overtime, but I came home today to find the unit covered in ice!  The pipes looked like a snow cone. 

Anyway, it's the evening and it's a little stuffy in my house, but I've got people coming tomorrow to take a look at it.  I changed the air filter - I haven't changed it in 4 months - and it looked like dryer lint screen!  Yeah, it was pretty bad.  Now, I'm not dumb, but I have rented for years and this is the first time I've ever had to think about changing the air filter.  I don't know if changing the air filter worked because the unit is STILL defrosting...three hours later.  *sigh*

Despite my hardships, I have endured and even made some new jewelry.  The fans are definitely on the highest level possible here at JMEBeads. 

The first set of earrings I would like to show you I am calling my Blue Disco Earrings because they remind me of those spinning disco balls!  If you are in to retro glamor, these are totally it!

The next set of earrings are geared towards fall.  They are another set of leaf earrings, like my yellow wooden earrings.  But this time, they are peach colored and shiny!  Take a look...


Finally, I've made a third set of earrings that are just gorgeous!  They are purple and bronze/copper glass beads with a copper/bronze charm.  They are lovely for fall with the rich purple and bronze tones.  I will be posting these on Etsy soon, but you saw them here first!

Let me know what you think about these new works of art!  There are more on the way!  I am experimenting with some brand new designs that break away from what I've been doing.  More to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment