Monday, August 16, 2010

Hair Pin Obsession

I've been on this planet for 25 years.   I have been blessed with lovely strawberry blonde hair.  Unfortunately for me, it's too thick for any kind of style except for a ponytail.  I'm afraid to do any dramatic cut to my hair - after I got scarred for life in 6th grade when some "stylist" butchered my hair.  I still haven't recovered from that.  So, the point is...I've struggled for years to find any kind of hair ornament so I can do something with this hair of mine.

This past spring, I stumbled upon the solution.  One of my students came to class each day with her hair neatly pulled back with hair pins (bobby pins).  It looked so easy and effortless that I asked her about it.  She explained that it took her 5 minutes or less (bonus for me) and that her hair was very thick, so it was the easiest thing she could do to pull her hair back without wearing a ponytail or clip.

Fast forward a couple of months now.  I've joined Etsy and I've been browsing around the stores and I've noticed that people are selling handmade hair pins!  I was ecstatic!  I went searching for things that I could make my own with and maybe even some to sell. 

By the first of this month, I had lots of hair pins ready for sale (and plenty of my own for me to wear) - and I opened up a new section of my store on Etsy.

Check out some of my wonderful hair pins - www.jmebeads.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment